Member of the Paris Bar and partner at TALMA Dispute Resolution.
He acts in the most complex white-collar matters as well as in matters of commercial and corporate litigation, in France and abroad.
Martin Pradel has extensive experience in sensitive cases with high reputational stakes. He also advises companies, executives and political figures in white-collar criminal matters and compliance, particularly in cases of corruption, money laundering, terrorism financing and international sanctions.
Martin Pradel also has wide-ranging experience in commercial and corporate litigation and is involved in numerous disputes relating to corporate life, including relations between partners or shareholders and contractual disputes. He acts before French courts as well as foreign courts, particularly in French-speaking Africa.
His experience as a Member of the Paris Bar Council (2018-2020) and of the National Bar Council (2020-2023) has allowed him to acquire a cutting-edge expertise in disputes between lawyers, in particular regarding partnership issues.
From 2018 to 2022, Martin Pradel was a partner in a leading business law firm dedicated to international dispute resolution.
Martin Pradel previously practiced several years in criminal labor law at a leading firm in the field.
In 2008, Martin Pradel was admitted to the prestigious “Concours de la Conférence”, which selects twelve lawyers each year to provide emergency criminal defense in sensitive cases and represent the young Paris Bar in France and abroad.
His involvement in some of the most sensitive cases of the last fifteen years has led him to be ranked since 2017 among the 30 most powerful lawyers in France by GQ magazine.
He is fluent in English.
Martin Pradel is identified as a market leader by international rankings:
- Best Lawyers 2023: Lawyer of the Year in Human Rights Law (France)
- Legal 500 2021: White-Collar Crime: “Martin Pradel is an exceptional lawyer in terms of commitment and empathy, with a great sense of strategy”
- Décideurs: “Excellent” – White-Collar Crime, since 2021
- Décideurs: “Strong” – Commercial Litigation, since 2022
- Best Lawyers: White-Collar Crime and Human Rights, since 2021
- Jeune Afrique: Martin Pradel was ranked in the top 100 most influential business lawyers in Africa in 2020
- Option Droit et Affaires 2020: Ranked in White-Collar Crime and French Autorités des Marchés Financiers (AMF) sanctions
His most recent cases include:
- counsel to an executive of a French food company in an internal investigation relating to alleged acts of complicity in war crimes and crimes against humanity in Central Africa;
- counsel to a French Member of Parliament charged with misappropriation of public funds relating to the use of his expense allowance;
- counsel to a Saudi businessman involved in a case of illegal financing of a presidential political campaign in France;
- counsel to a major French law firm accused of facilitating an unlawful agreement;
- counsel to a French company prosecuted in the Middle East for alleged complicity in war crimes;
- counsel to a law firm in several disputes with former partners;
- counsel to an African businessman in a dispute between partners that gave rise to several commercial and criminal court proceedings;
- counsel to a law firm charged with complicity in tax evasion;
- counsel to a Central African State in the Biens Mal Acquis case.