The firm represents individuals and organisations before criminal courts in all areas of business life.
The team has developed a cutting-edge expertise in corporate criminal law (fraud, misuse of corporate assets, etc.), in corruption and related offenses (influence peddling, illegal taking of interest, etc.), in tax criminal law (fraud and money laundering), in labor criminal law (harassment, manslaughter and unintentional injuries, safety and environmental offenses), criminal health law and in media law (defamation and insult).
Our lawyers also act in numerous international cases (economic sanctions, financing of terrorism, Interpol notices, arrest warrants and extradition).
Our lawyers are recognized as leaders in the field:
- Legal 500 2023: “Competent, agile and reactive.“
- Legal 500 2023: “Martin Pradel has a rare experience, combining criminal, civil and arbitration proceedings expertise, in France and in Africa. He has a very good contact with judges.“
- Legal 500 2022: “Martin Pradel is an exceptional lawyer in terms of commitment and empathy, with a great sense of strategy. […] Martin Pradel is one of the best French criminal lawyers of his generation”
- Legal 500 2022: “Martin Pradel is a leader of the French criminal bar, and a fearless and determined advocate in a system that, by Anglo-Saxon standards, often seems heavily stacked against the defense. He also has exceptionally close relationships abroad, particularly in the French-speaking countries of Africa. His skill and wisdom are those of a practitioner with much more age and experience than he has”
- Martin Pradel and Aloïs Blin are identified for their “strong reputation” in White-Collar Crime by the 2023 Leaders League ranking.
Our partners’ recent experience in white-collar crime includes:
- counsel to a French Member of Parliament charged with misappropriation of public funds concerning the use of his expense allowance;
- counsel to a Saudi businessman involved in a case of illegal financing of a presidential political campaign in France;
- counsel to a major French law firm accused of facilitating an unlawful agreement;
- counsel to a Central African State in the Biens Mal Acquis case;
- counsel to a major French law firm charged with complicity in tax fraud;
- counsel to a French businessman charged with money laundering;
- co-counsel of the French Drugs Safety Agency (ANSM) during the landmark Mediator trial (biggest pharma law case in France);
- counsel to a construction company in criminal proceedings for unintentional injuries and safety violations;
- counsel to a clinic director charged with moral harassment;
- counsel to a payment institution in criminal proceedings for fraud and money laundering;
- counsel to a manager of a German financial institution in the context of European seizures.