Our lawyers work with prime contractors, project owners, contractors and subcontractors in disputes relating to the execution of works, both in arbitration and before the commercial courts.
The team also has extensive experience in proceedings involving the liability of companies and individuals in the construction industry (accidents, labor criminal law, etc.).
Our partners’ recent experience in international arbitration includes:
- counsel to an Italian engineering company in an arbitration relating to delays in the construction of energy infrastructure in Algeria (€30 million, Algerian law, ICC Paris, French language);
- counsel to a French hotel group in an ICC emergency arbitration concerning the eviction of a contractor following the termination of a construction contract in Algiers (amount in dispute: €4 million, ICC Paris, Algerian law, French language);
- counsel to a French metal company in a dispute against a North African investment fund regarding delays and disruptions in the construction of a hotel in West Africa (amount in dispute: €46 million, ICC Paris, English language);
- counsel to a Belgian company in annulment proceedings against an award relating to a dispute between shareholders on several real estate projects (amount in dispute: €3 million, ad hoc proceedings).
Our partners’ recent experience in criminal law includes:
- representation of a French construction company in an investigation for unintentional injuries;
- representation of a French construction company in the context of a judicial investigation for unintentional injuries;
- representation of a French construction company’s employee prosecuted for manslaughter.
Our partners’ recent experience in commercial litigation includes:
- counsel to a real estate developer in several court proceedings against former partners concerning numerous real estate projects (amount in dispute: €13 million, civil and commercial courts, courts of appeals).