Commercial and Corporate Litigation
The firm acts before civil and commercial courts in all types of business law disputes.
Our lawyers act in all proceedings related to the performance or termination of contracts (services, sales, partnership, joint-ventures, license of trademark, patents or know-how, etc.) as well as in proceedings related to the termination of established commercial relations.
The team has a cutting-edge expertise in disputes between shareholders, including disputes on the withdrawal or exclusion of a shareholder, the performance of a shareholders’ agreement or the transfer of shares. Our team has extensive experience in litigation between law firm partners, which includes issues specific to the legal profession (ethics, unfair competition, etc.).
The firm also regularly acts as counsel in enforcement proceedings (seizures, attachments, etc.), including enforcement of decisions against foreign States (Loi Sapin II).
Our lawyers are recognized as leaders in this field:
- Martin Pradel and Alexandre Reynaud are identified as “Excellent” in Commercial Litigation by the Décideurs Litigation & Arbitration 2022 ranking
Our partners’ recent experience in commercial and corporate litigation includes:
- counsel to a French aeronautical group in a dispute relating to the termination of established commercial relations with a subcontractor (amount in dispute: €3 million, French law, Paris Commercial Court);
- counsel to a major French law firm in several disputes with former partners;
- counsel to an African businessman in a dispute between shareholders that gave rise to several commercial and criminal proceedings;
- counsel to a real estate developer in several court proceedings against former partners concerning numerous real estate projects (amount in dispute: €13 million, civil and commercial courts, courts of appeals).