Banking – Finance – Insurance
The firm assists banking institutions, financial intermediaries, investment funds and insurance brokers in their compliance, criminal law and commercial litigation matters.
The team defends individuals and organisations charged with breaches of banking, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering legislations.
Our lawyers also intervene before the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers – AMF) and the French Anti-Corruption Agency (Agence Française Anticorruption – AFA).
Our partners’ recent experience in white-collar crime includes:
- defense of a banking institution and bank executives charged with breach of trust and violations of banking legislation, following the sale of their assets at a loss, in the context of the “subprime mortgage” crisis;
- defense of ethics correspondents of the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers – AMF), prosecuted by their employers following ethical alerts launched in the context of the implementation of anticorruption legislation;
- defense of insurance agents and brokers in cases of violations of legislation against bribery and fraud;
- defense of a payment institution in a money laundering case.
Our partners’ recent experience in international arbitration includes:
- counsel to a French company owned by a German investment fund in a dispute relating to the termination of a consulting contract in the real estate sector (amount in dispute: €5 million, French law, ICC Paris, English language).
Our partners’ recent experience in commercial litigation includes:
- counsel to an Israeli businessman in civil and criminal proceedings against a Luxembourg bank regarding the management of funds.