Member of the Paris Bar and associate at TALMA Dispute Resolution.
Florian focuses on international arbitration and commercial litigation.
He has acted as counsel in numerous arbitration proceedings, ad hoc or under the rules of the leading arbitration institutions (ICC, LCIA, ICSID, UNCITRAL), most notably in the defense, energy and high technology sectors.
Florian has developed an advanced expertise in Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) and, more generally, in public and private international law matters.
He also often acts as counsel before French courts in civil, corporate and commercial disputes, as well as in criminal law matters.
Before joining TALMA Dispute Resolution, Florian worked for a leading business law firm dedicated to the resolution of international disputes, following several work experiences in international law firms and international organizations in Geneva and Paris.
Florian is a graduate of the Geneva Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) and Panthéon-Sorbonne University (Paris I). He also benefited from an exchange semester at Boston University (LL.M.).
He is fluent in French and English.
His most recent cases include:
- counsel to Mr. Sergei Viktorovich Pugachev against the Russian Federation in an arbitration based on the France-Russia BIT relating to the expropriation of his investments (amount in dispute: $12 billion, ad hoc under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, seat in Madrid, English language);
- counsel to a French aerospace group against a US high-tech company in a dispute relating to the supply of aeronautical equipment (amount in dispute: $100 million, Swiss law, ICC Geneva, English language);
- counsel to a Central African state-owned oil company in an arbitration against a French oil company concerning the recovery of oil costs (amount in dispute: $43 million, French law, ICC Paris, French language);
- counsel to a leading French audit company against a US IT company in a dispute arising out of an IT project (amount in dispute: €40 million, French law, ICC Paris, French language);
- counsel to a real estate developer in several court proceedings against former partners concerning numerous real estate projects (amount in dispute: €13 million, civil and commercial courts, courts of appeals);
- counsel to a Belgian company in annulment proceedings against an award relating to a dispute between shareholders on several real estate projects (amount in dispute: €3 million, ad hoc).